View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 09:51

Default Re: Tips for sewing through thick layers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by missy545 View Post
Instead of sewing them together I use zip ties for the middle. You can get a pack of 100 for about $1.00-2.00 at any hardware store or wal-mart. They hold the bow together perfectly! With the thicker ribbon (layers and layers) use a pair of pliers to pull the zip tie tight.
You know, come to think of it I did end up using zip ties at the end of my last squad last summer. I had totally forgotten about doing that. Thanks so much for the reminder!! I used a clipboard in my lap, got my center creased how I like it on my strong embroidery needle wrapped a zip tie and then used my pliers to pull the small, clear zip tie tight.
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.