View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 05:57
Default Re: How about a critique?

I think you'd have a lot of fun adding a couple ribbons. I don't mean layering so much as making one big, fat, luscious ribbon out of several smaller oness. You can stripe a bow with different patterns that way. I've seen 2 ways to do this.
1) Use the E-6000 glue. It's pretty easy to figure out. Lay down the ribbon that's edge can be overlapped on a bit, lay down some glue along the edge (just a dab goes a long way, so I try to spread it nice and evenly thin with the nozzle of the glue), then lay the other ribbon down, smoothing as you go.

2) Lay the ribbons side by side and run them through the zig-zag stitch on your sewing machine. Then use heat bond to iron another ribbon over the seam.

I have tried 1, not 2. I really want to try to. 1 has it's cons for me, in that some times the glue can be seen through the top ribbon depending on what ribbon you chose. I think I'll try the sewing machine kind this weekend. I've heard if you want to get super fancy, you can use heat bond with the actual material from spandex dance outfits or cheer outfits to make it function like ribbon? I don't know how that's done. I think an actual squad would have to love me enough to pay for a specific group order of that before I'd do it.

Or my neice's soccer team. Anything for my neice's soccer team.