Thread: Glitter Fabric
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 08:40
Default Re: Glitter Fabric

Originally Posted by nicolegoodrich View Post
Hey Ladies!

It is a vinyl. I have played around with it a little . There are two types that I have used.

This material still flaked off and the glitter got everywhere. It was pretty stiff to work with once it was on the grosgrain. It was also difficult to press anything after using that material, meaning that if you over heat it on your heat press it will pick up onto your teflon sheet and put weird little wholes of nothing on the grosgrain.

The second is:

I did some worlds bows with this material and it worked pretty well, it is pretty stiff though. I liked this one better then the above one!

One thing to note, if you don't have a heat press it is not recommended that you use this material. It is normally used to put lettering and different images on heat press tshirts and the like.

I plan to use it for logos and will play around with it other ways and let you know! Thanks!
I have also used the heat transfer glitter vinyl you have linked to above, but that is not what the other bow companies mentioned have used that I am looking for.

A friend actually gave me one of the bows to repair from one of the bow companies mentioned, so I was able to see that it is fabric, and that bow maker actually used double sided tape to attach it to the ribbon. It is glitter on one side and a white woven fabric look on the other.

The search continues.... LOL
Sponsored Links