View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 11:58
Default Re: Doing "goodies" for friends

Yes I reminded her about the sizes and there is as an email to proof what she said. We agree that there was a confusion because she thought I said my daughter was fitting into 4t Gymboree dresses already. It was just one n Gymboree dress that runs smaller than usual.

She will receive the dress tomorrow and I want to avoid her because I know she will say she likes and want more. I can't sew for other people unless they pay me what it is worth. I do bows and sew for myself sometimes and now for my daughter. Sewing is hobby.
Originally Posted by Faithsmommy2 View Post
Cute dresses!

Here's my take on the didn't say you did, so I'm going to assume you didn't, but the first thing you should have done when she said it was too big was remind her that she agreed to the larger size. If she only paid for the fabric for the first dress and didn't pay you for your time, I don't think I would have made another dress for her.

It sounds like you tried to do a nice thing for someone, and it kind of blew up in your face. I think part of the problem is I don't think the lady was looking at the dress as a "boutique" item that doesn't stand up to 24 hour wear like some other clothes do.

I would not let this stop you from expanding your business, but I would def. be very clear on proper care for such items.