View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 05:41
Default That little center bow that isn't really a surround bow

Okay, I don't know what to call it. Mrs. Bowling-Something originally asked about it, and here is the link she used.

It's been a while since it was first posted and I meant to get to this much sooner, but I was either busy or forgot. Oops! I originally used brown gingham, but decided that it would be a better tutorial if the was a print on one side because the gingham looks the same on the back as the front and it wouldn't be as easy to understand. And honestly after all this time I had forgotten that the original was a red Swiss dot and that's what I grabbed!

Photo 1 - you start with a figure 8. 3/8" ribbon about 12 1/2" long. I marked this one 3 inches apart with 1/4" ends for overlap. Play with it and figure out what size YOU like. Just because one person makes theirs 3 inches doesn't mean that's the only way to do it.

Photo 2 - I hope you have at least attempted the figure 8 bow once so you know what this next picture is. You pull the top of the figure 8 down and behind the X and match that mark to the center of the X.

Photo 3 - If you bring up the bottom loop as well, this is the twisted bow. This ISN'T the bow we're trying to make, but I thought I'd throw in this photo for people trying to do the twisted bow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg center-bow1.jpg (26.2 KB, 126 views)
File Type: jpg center-bow2.jpg (25.5 KB, 118 views)
File Type: jpg center-bow3.jpg (42.9 KB, 127 views)
Sponsored Links