View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 12:05
Default Re: Dog Bow tutorial wanted

Originally Posted by girlfrosting View Post
Thank you SO much! I have a question about the bands. The groomer I am working with said clips are better because bands get fur wrapped up in them and can only be used 1 maybe 2 times. What's your opinion on this?
Latex bands can break small amount of hair...I used to own a dog grooming salon before I started in dog bow..and then growing into children bows.

For a top knot will have to put a ponytail in and then the bow...I use barrettes a lot on my dog vixie..but I always put her top knot in latex bands first and then switch out the barrettes often...I redo the topknot weekly.

For show bows I use bands you sew two to the back so when the first one breaks you can use the second one... Once your pet is trained to wear a topknot..bows last a long time.

A pet owner will usually choose barrettes over bands..because they are easier..I just don't like the look of a bow flat on a dogs head...because I love top knots
I use mini alligator clips with teeth when I use barrettes. But on the other hand because dogs chew and swallow things many people don't like barrettes because of the danger if they chew the bow.. HTH
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vixie_hot_pink_pink_zebra_barrette.jpg (51.2 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg yellow_blossom_barrette_1.jpg (37.0 KB, 62 views)