View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 06:56

Default Re: Dog Bow tutorial wanted

i only wish they'd show a side or back view!

i don't know if this is how they do it . . . but when i'm lazy and don't want to make individual bows & stack them on top of each other . . . i use one piece of ribbon and mark it . . .

the 1st mark would be for the tail . . . 2nd/next mark would be for 1st loop . . . 3rd mark would be for the next loop on top of the 1st loop . . . and then continue on. then i fold the ribbon at the mark and run the needle/thread thru - and then go back & forth a couple of times - then open it up and wrap the thread around the middle a couple of times and here's where one could add the beads & elastics.

so . . . if i wanted a bow w/1" tails and the top bow 1/4" shorter than the bottom/base loop . . . i'd mark the ribbon at . . .

1" (tail) . . . 2" (approx 1" loop) . . . 1.5" (loop that sits on top) . . . 1.5" . . . 2" . . . 1" (tail & cut end)

if i'm doing my math correctly - the above would use a 9" piece of ribbon . . . and of course it could be altered/adjusted for the width/type of ribbon/size of bow.

what i like about this way is it eliminates the bulk of all the cut edges . . . and is easy!

edit - i was just thinking about the stability and it wouldn't have a alligator clip to support it . . . so maybe a small rectangle piece of felt glued on the back?

Last edited by prleaf; 03-29-2012 at 07:02.