View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 08:14
Default Re: Need Minnie Mouse party hat bow help! I'm overwhelmed, distraught,

Originally Posted by mlhardison1 View Post
I am going to go find this adorable Minnie Mouse bow I saw the other day on etsy. I don't sew, but I made this bow, so cute. Just not sure if its what you're looking for. ANd as far as the twisted, have you ever made one?? If not, and you're already poking your eyes out, stay away fromthe twisted until you finish the hat!! They will def make you poke your eyes out!!! I'll be right back with that bow.
Ok, here it is. Not sure if you sew or not, but I am not a sewer and I actually pulled this off. I used some fleece material but you could use any. And I also made it smaller. I hope this helps. I think her bows are soooo cute. If this is not what you're looking for, I would just do the tuxedo bow. Thats what Minnie wears. ANd if you're doing the ears and all, a tuxedo bow will look just fine.
Thank you for being brave enough to read through that mess! The hat is done except for the bow, so I could maybe try my hand at a twisted... (No, never made one before; the only bow so far is the pathetic-looking tuxedo that I already made for the hat. It really looks so skimpy against the ears.) I'll see if I can post a pic of it tomorrow.

Those Etsy bows are adorable, but I can only work with what I have in the house, which is the 1.5 gg and the 7/8 satin ribbon--plus one of the Etsy bows would probably be too heavy on the cardstock hat base...

Thanks for your input!
Pat, Proud Proponent of Wilton's Pretty Purple Cookie Cutter Set