View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012, 12:16

Default Re: Bad follow through from customer..what do you think?

I know it sounds mean, but whatever you do do NOT do her order without payment. At least half up front and FULL on delivery. I have learned the hard way not to trust anyone.

My daughter danced at this very prestigious studio, in competitions, for 11 years. My sister and I began making costumes for them. I always took payment on delivery and this worked out well...until ONE time we were rushed because THEY could not make decisions and I delivered without payment up front. Understand I knew these people for 11 years! They were my friends AND the owner charged at LEAST double sometimes triple what I charged her. She paid me about 1/3 of the $20,000 she owed me, and never paid me another cent, even thought the children dancing did not get their costumes until they paid in full. Thankfully the 1/3 covered my expenses, but not the amount of work we put in to make all those costumes.

Sorry to bore you with my stories lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolegoodrich View Post
I do believe she is in her mid 30's so she knows or should know what it takes to order items in a timely matter. I heard from her today and she said she had not ordered from anyone else and she is having a hard time collecting money from her customers and asked if I could help her out. I declined and told her I needed full payment. I have not heard back.