Thread: two toned bow
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 11:17
Default Re: two toned bow

Originally Posted by didi453 View Post
If you have a woodburner you could just heat seal your ribbons together to create one long piece and just make a regular twisted bow. I divide the length of the ribbon I am going to use to make my bow by two, select the two colors that I want to use , overlap them on top of each other and run my wood burner across the ends of the ribbon(only one side) to create a seal. Then you separate the ribbon and iron on the sealed crease if needed on low heat. You should have one long piece of ribbon with your two colors ready to go. Hope this didn't confuse you even more. So example would be if you need 30" of ribbon to make your twisted bow, cut your two colored ribbons should be cut at 15" each. Here is a link to one that I made with that technique. Hth.
I love your two toned bows! I am needing to do one like you posted but in orange and brown. You are talking about heat sealing the 2- 15" (different colors) together. Then you twist it like normal? Wouldn't that leave the same two colors on the bottom and the same two colors on top
? I am REALLY trying my hardest to picture is in my head If you wouldnt mind helping me that would be great PLEEEASE!!!! you can pm if you would like

Ok I think I got it. Did you do it similar to this?

Last edited by melody3333; 03-07-2012 at 11:36. Reason: added link