View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 06:12
Default Re: Pointy/leaf tip bow instructions

Originally Posted by barleymom View Post
Took a while, but here are my instructions. I hope they are not too hard to understand. Not like I do tutorials for a living. LOL

1 - Mark ribbon. I did this one every 5 1/2 inches with 3 inch tails, so the total length was 28 inches of ribbon. 1 1/2" wide ribbon.

2 - This shows how the ribbon will need to be laid out when you start folding it together. Sorry, I was doing this myself with one hand on the ribbon and one holding the camera!
Thanks for the tutorial! I've attached a pic of one I made using the picture you posted on the other thread. I had a hard time figuring out the lengths and getting the loops close to being even, now that you've posted such a detailed tut I can't wait to try it again.

Originally Posted by raelin06 View Post
Dumb questions here...
Are you taking the ribbon on top, bottom, or middle after making the second loop. Does that make sense? When I got finished I had a tail on top and a tail on the very bottom, so I couldn't tie anything.

And does it make a difference if you are using printed ribbon?

Here's an example of what printed ribbon would look like, if you put the print on the inside.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-03-01 18.58.26.jpg (44.9 KB, 55 views)