View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 07:12

Default Re: Pointy/leaf tip bow instructions

Quote:
Originally Posted by barleymom View Post
Took a while, but here are my instructions. I hope they are not too hard to understand. Not like I do tutorials for a living. LOL

1 - Mark ribbon. I did this one every 5 1/2 inches with 3 inch tails, so the total length was 28 inches of ribbon. 1 1/2" wide ribbon.

2 - This shows how the ribbon will need to be laid out when you start folding it together. Sorry, I was doing this myself with one hand on the ribbon and one holding the camera!
Thanks for the tutorial! I've attached a pic of one I made using the picture you posted on the other thread. I had a hard time figuring out the lengths and getting the loops close to being even, now that you've posted such a detailed tut I can't wait to try it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raelin06 View Post
Dumb questions here...
Are you taking the ribbon on top, bottom, or middle after making the second loop. Does that make sense? When I got finished I had a tail on top and a tail on the very bottom, so I couldn't tie anything.

And does it make a difference if you are using printed ribbon?

Thanks
Here's an example of what printed ribbon would look like, if you put the print on the inside.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-03-01 18.58.26.jpg (44.9 KB, 55 views)