View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 04:57
Default Re: Cut ribbon for puffs and other things 100 times faster!!!

Originally Posted by ojyllek View Post
One length of ribbon at a time.
I have my mat marked the long way... I lay it down, then the spool of ribbon on the left, trail of ribbon sticking out across the board, all the way to the other side. I have my markings for sizes all the way across the board. Like, I have a line that is my length for clippie lining, another with the length I need for ribbon flowers, etc. Each line has 3 or 4 or whatever lengths will fit on the board.
Then swipe/swipe/swipe/swipe - I just cut and heat-sealed 4 ribbons for clip lining. Then I pull some more ribbon out and put it just below what is already cut and use the already cut ones to measure and cut another length of the cutting board.
It is seriously fast.
Great idea but I cut mine FOUR TIMES FASTER.

Worked in the same fashion you do but instead of laying down one ribbon then cutting, I decide what color combination I'm going to use in my puff and lay all four of those ribbons across the glass at the same time. I use my metal ruler so I get a straight cut then swipe/swipe/swipe. Sixteen ribbons cut (4x4) and I set up my board again and do it all over again & again & again. Works like a charm. Better yet, I have my DIL to do all this while I sew the puff together. I guess that would mean I actually don't do the cutting at all.

I only cut up to 4 across because I seem to do better with that number. If I work with more then 4 it seems the ribbon will slide and that leaves me with uneven sizes for my cut ribbon.