View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 03:51
Default How to attach flowers to a dress sash?

So, a good friend of mine asked me to make her a big flower for her hair for her wedding. No problem there--that's right up my alley. But today she called and asked if I could do smaller versions of the same flower on a sash for her to tie around her wedding dress.

I've never made a dress sash before, and I'm unsure of the best way to attach my flowers. If I glue them, I think you'll be able to see and feel the glue on the backside, right? If I sew the flowers directly to the sash, the stitches will show on the back side. I try to be very neat with my stitches, but no matter how hard I try, they're never very "pretty." So this isn't my first choice. I could cover the back side of the sash (and the stitches) with felt or something, but wouldn't that make the dress sash stick up a bit unevenly?

I'm curious how those who make dress and maternity sashes add their flowers and embellishments, and how they make the "backside" look? This one is for a friend, but she is paying me good money and I want to make sure what I make for her looks professional and lovely.

I'd really appreciate any help and advice, ladies. I'm really stumped on this one! Thanks!
Sponsored Links
disney princess, mickey mouse, minnie mouse ribbon