Thread: Maternity props
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 08:53
Default Re: Maternity props

Originally Posted by mommy_to_2 View Post
I just recently had to make a maternity bow for one of my friend because she is taking maternity pictures this weekend. As i was googling Maternity picture props i came across these and they are really really beautiful and i figured they might be popular, Soo...Does anybody know how to make these? And some how be able to attatch it to the ribbon around the mommy's belly, maybe put velcro on the back or something?... I would really love to make these and see how they sell,

I hot glue the flowers to the ribbon. It holds great. Then I cut a piece of felt in the shape of the design so that you can't see it from the front. Then I glue or sew to the entire back of the ribbon (this would be against moms tummy) to hold it all together well. There are a lot of awesome flower tuts out there to use and the ribbon length depends on size of moms waist. I usually customize mine to size and leave enough for a nice size bow, just in case they want to flip it around and use just the bow for a prop. Also, these are great as newborn baby props (just lay it across naked newborn) or an up scale headband with long satin tails