View Single Post
Old 11-27-2011, 11:41
Default Re: Guess who's getting a big shot!

Originally Posted by DaisyDee View Post
I just got one, and I LOVE it already! If you are going to be using it to cut fabric though, I recommend the Sizzix Bigz or Original dies. I got a set of Nestabilities and had to take them back; they just don't cut fabric. I tried, and all I got was an indentation of the die. If you place a piece of copy/printer paper over your fabric it cuts through somewhat, but not completely. (And it's not a problem with the layers being thick enough for the machine, because it makes a clear impression on the cutting pad.) As for the Sizzix dies, I have Circles #2, and it is fantastic. I can cut through several layers of fabric (like 6!) in one pass,or two layers of felt, which is a HUGE time saver! If my local stores carried it, I'd buy the larger circle dies. So far I've also bought two different flower layer dies, and a scalloped circle. I'm having SO much fun,and so will you! Congrats!
Ditto on the Nestabilities, which is sucks because I love how one die has multiples sizes. I am looking on getting Sizzlix framelits, it looks about the same as spellbinders dies.