View Single Post
Old 11-23-2011, 09:16
Default Re: Ribbon Puff Troubles

Originally Posted by Mrs.BowlingtheBowMaker View Post
No, I have not bothered her with it. Like I said its not the tut that is the problem its probably just me. I am not talking about anything that gives the tut away so I didn't know it was a problem.
Let me clarify. I don't think you've done anything wrong here, but generally speaking even discussing free tuts for a similar method is seen as negatively impacting the creator of a paid tut.

In fact there has been one recent thread on a free version of a puffy loop bow and the original poster took a lot of heat for posting a link to a free tutorial. The biggest criticism, if I remember correctly, is that she or a subsequent poster mentioned the measurements which I guess were the same as those for the paid tut. Something the original poster wouldn't know since she says she didn't buy the paid tut. Nevertheless she wound up apologizing.

In this thread I've learned something I could have guessed, that there is "cinching" involved and something I probably wouldn't have guessed, that there is "fanning" involved. Those are things that involve technique which is arguably more specific than a simple measurement.

Again, I don't think you've done anything wrong but I strongly suspect that the paid tut purists on this board would prefer that you communicate with the creator directly and give her a chance to walk you through your questions rather than run the risk that you indirectly reveal any of her secrets.

Good luck figuring it out.