View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 10:56
Default Re: For those of you who applique or make fabric flowers ...

Originally Posted by CinsyBinsy View Post
You mean this one Sizzix Big Shot on Overstock for only $50?
Yep. That's the one that my mom uses. I think we paid about $60 for hers, so that's not a bad price.

I bought the Big Shot Express. Instead of a handle to turn, it has a button you push and it plugs in. I have problems with my arms, so the one with the handle was out of the question for me. Mine looks like this although I got mine for about $100, not what they are asking. May have been at Joanns when they were having all their scrapbooking stuff and machines 40% off...

Anyway, we both are really happy with the Big Shots. But like I said, for fabric, I will only get the Bigz or Originals dies. I must have ordered 5-6 really cute Sizzlet dies when I ordered the machine, only to find out that you really can't cut fabric with them. (I should have read it first, but they were way cute, and I didn't know any better at the time. Live and learn.)

Sizzix has different flower layers dies too, which I really like because I like the look of stacked layers of flowers. Their website has an outlet too, and sometimes you can get really nice dies there for like 75% off. I got my squares die there and I think I paid $3 for it. That's cheap!