View Single Post
Old 06-05-2008, 04:00
Thumbs up Braided Headbands - I did it!!

I finally got two different headbands made. The only headbands I had were some 1/2" ones I bought at walmart that were covered. Got to order some blanks sometime soon!!!

The first one I made (red and white) was from instructions on hipgirlclips.

I honestly don't remember which method I used. But what I want to know is how Michelle did these with 4 different ribbons

The 2nd one (pink and LtOrchid) I made from the Littlecansofbeans instructions.

The only problem I had was ME. I wanted to do the two color diamond and actual layed my ribbons out for the spiral and couldn't figure out what the deal was when I finished. I even undid (is that a word?) all the braiding and started all over again to come out exactly the same. Got to looking at the pics and dumb me layed the ribbons out wrong to start. Oh well, now I get to do another one, while I've got my groove going

Just a little bit ago I read a suggestion about labeling the ribbons with colors to match Lorraines directions, brown green pink cream. GREAT suggestion. Duh why didn't I think of that. Well that's what I get for jumping off and doing a two color band first.

Both were easy to do. You just have to get in the groove of braiding. It really doesn't take long to get the hang of it.

LCOB instructions are very well done and easy to follow. LOTS of pics step by step, with an explaination of what is going on in the pic. I definitely would recommend them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Braided headbands 2.jpg (25.0 KB, 113 views)
Have a wonderful, productive day

Sponsored Links