View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 12:13
Default Re: What is wrong with my bows?

Kossy Bottom- I think you are right!
OP, don't get discouraged because etsy isn't producing HUGE profits. I had horrible luck with etsy but my business does well enough that I was able to quit my job recently and ONLY make bows. I use facebook and I have an online shop on my FB page where people can pay using paypal. That's been awesome for me! I do several craft shows a year too. Etsy isn't for everyone. I was not impressed with it... The etsy market is VERY saturated with other bow makers. It takes time to get established on there and you have to be 100% on top of your game in every way, bow making, picture taking, being descriptive or having an awesome way of telling people about the product, etc. I got discouraged. It was hard for me to know that I was spending more time on my etsy listings and making basically nothing a-then I turn around and spend a fraction of that time on my FB page and I had tons of sales. So I just let my etsy listings expire. I also hate the "showcases" that they do. I bought them once or twice and it did nothing for me. But it's been a year or so since I first started Etsy so I am hoping that I will have some free time to try it again before Christmas! I would LOVE to try again. So many people have good luck with it! Chin up and be patient!