View Single Post
Old 09-03-2011, 01:07
Default Does this really work? ... no sew technique

I'm sure most of you have seen this, but I'm curious about it...
I use the big sally's clip on occasion, but I always sew my bow to get the perfect creases. This makes it seem as though you don't need to worry about any of that, because it creases perfectly already.. Does it really work that well? Is it because of the organza ribbon?
I have been using heavy duty thread, which is a decent approach.. but I want to start using embroidery floss or elastic thread (those two items could be the same thing, but I don't know.. LOL).. mainly because heavy duty doesn't always slide through as easy.. Anyway, if there is some miraculous trick with organza ribbon and perfect creases, please let me know!

I do, however, like the reinforcement of sewing, because my youngest has managed to mess up some bows I made in the past from creasing by hand and tying off. I wouldn't mind running my needle and thread through the middle for added security.. I have tried so many techniques for folding the center, and I have made good creases.. but I have felt like sometimes my hands can do it, and sometimes they can't. Whether it's freehand folding, sewing, etc.. I do know that practice makes perfect, and my creases are good.. I feel like I waste so much time on making perfect creases.
Sponsored Links