View Single Post
Old 08-20-2011, 09:45
Default A tutu dress with a lattice weave pattern

Thank you for reading my post. Last year, with the help of a great tutorial, I made my daughter's competition dance costume. It was a tutu with fall leaves and lots of rhinestones attached (first 2 pics).

This year, my daughter's dance instructor has asked me to make her solo costume again as an empire waist tutu dress. Attached (3rd photo) is my inspiration dress. I think I have the 2 elastic bands figured out. However, over the course of the past 3 days I simply cannot figure out how to weave the tulle in such a lattice pattern.

I found this dress on etsy, but now it is gone. I saved the photo but was not intuitive enough to save the link to the seller. Now I cannot find it. I would certainly be willing to pay for a tutorial or help on how to make this, but I cannot find instructions anywhere on the internet.

I was hoping with all the talent on this site I may be able to find somebody with experience or insight on how to do a basket/lattice weave with tulle.

Kind Regards,

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lexi Every Season 1.jpg (15.0 KB, 221 views)
File Type: jpg Lexi Every Season 2.jpg (10.0 KB, 186 views)
File Type: jpg lattice tutu.jpg (19.0 KB, 289 views)

Last edited by Lollipopcreations; 08-20-2011 at 09:48. Reason: need to add photos
Sponsored Links