View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011, 02:16
Default How to get started!

Hi Everyone!! I am VERY new to bow making. I have been on this board several times over the last few weeks and have done a lot of browsing at everyone's creations. I am continually amazed at all of the talent and creativity that there is on this site. I am good with picking 1 color ribbon and making a bow. I have been practicing doing that. (I hope that it comes with time!!) But once you get past making the standard bow, where do you go from there? How do you match up ribbon? Do you buy a bunch of ribbon and then put them together? Do you need to have "an eye"?

I am sure that most of you order your ribbon in large quantities and have large stock piles. At this point, I am just making bows for my girls. I have no idea if I am going to make this into a business. Should I start by building a stockpile or ribbon and embellishments? I am afraid that I am going to buy things that I would never use.

I have read on here about people being upset about other people copying their work. I get it and feel that right now if I posted a picture of a bow that I made, it would look just like someone else's.

And advise or thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!
Sponsored Links
little pink ladybug