View Single Post
Old 08-11-2011, 02:05
Default Questions regarding cheer bows

This year I am a sponsor to two school cheer squads and this will be the first year that bows were not purchased with uniforms, but rather the decision on which bows to be worn has been left up to the sponsors. I thought this would be a great opportunity for me to begin to destash the huge ribbon supply I will begin selling in upcoming months. The only problem is, I am not a cheer bow maker . I have the NBNG instructions, which are AWESOME, but I still have several questions. Years ago when I made a set, they turned out extremely stiff and I understand for competitions this is the way that many coaches prefer them. However, my daughter's school squads consist of 1 st, 2nd & 4th graders. I went to Joanns this morning and purchased some spandex, mystique an sequined fabrics (have read the forum posts ) to try out, but I am wondering if there is a way to layer these and/or ribbons together without the stiffness factor?? If using E600 do you run this along the edges of the ribbons? If using HNB lite, do you do this on the fabrics & ribbons? And lastly.....I read posts about using vinyl???? What type of vinyl is this and when would using this be recommended? And by searching the forum and seeing all of your amazing cheer is highly likely at the rate I'm going that one of you will be hearing from me with an order . Thank you so much in advance for any advice/tips and taking the time to read the post!!!
Sponsored Links
disney princess, mickey mouse, minnie mouse ribbon