View Single Post
Old 08-07-2011, 08:28
Default Re: point and shoot?

I would suggest learning your camera. Don't think about how you are going to post process an image, think about how you take a better picture. I would read how to change your camera setting to take in manual. Learn about ISO and Shutter Speed.

You can take great pics with a point and shoot and have a very small amount of post processing. Getting a different camera does not mean you will autimatically get better images if you don't know how to work you camera.

When I started in photography, I bought a Canon Rebel it was the only rebel Canon had out at that time I paid 1200.00. I did research and was able to produce a great image with very little post processing. When I thought I was ready to upgrade I purchased a Canon 50d. Purchase price was close to 3000.00. I was wanting to become a professional photographer. My pictures were so much better on my Canon Rebel. I did not like my new camera at all. I know that neither one of these cameras are point and shoots but I think you can get great pictures with a point and shoot if you learn about it.