View Single Post
Old 08-06-2011, 12:22
Default Re: point and shoot?

Originally Posted by karyna View Post
thank you.. I'll have to try it outside with the paper..

Dana I officially envy you..good envy of course.. awesome shop and pics.. I was thinking of getting the elements.. I think I'm now convinced..

I'm having a hard time with the purples and this one is beautiful..

did u buy the box or did you make it? if you don't mind can u show me one of your before and afters please..I'd really appreciated..

Awww thank you! I am so proud of my lil shop right now, I recently changed business names and dropped my dead beat partner (sil) and things are going better than I expected.

I made my light box from the tutorial that is in the picture section on here. I just took the biggest square box I had (sometimes I wish it was bigger) and put tissue paper on it. At first I had a hard time with the paper ripping when I would move the box, I am considering using some type of muslin fabric but I dunno.

Purples are REALLY hard to get right, I can't adjust the white balance on my camera, they just have the different predetermined settings. I have a Kodak Easy Share 10 megapixel camera that I paid $100 for like 3 years ago.

Some pictures I have to tweak and edit a little bit more than others, I hate taking pictures of white items because I usually have a white background and its hard to make it stand out.

Anyways, sorry about the rambling, I'm at work but would love to share some before's and after's when I can get to them on my regular computer.

I believe you can download a 30 day trail of Photoshop Elements so you can get a feel for it. I got a special and only paid $80, not too bad, I still want to upgrade to CS5 but I don't have that much money to shell out.
♥ Dana