Thread: Pricing Help
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 12:16
Default Re: Pricing Help

Originally Posted by lilbridgesboutique View Post
Very cute!

I can only give an example of how I price MY stuff.
I pay myself $5/hour for hairbows. Then I add in supply cost & whatever fees I have to pay.

So for example: $5 for my time + $3.50 for supplies + $.50 for fees=$9.00 for hairbow.

I figure out the cost of my ribbon per inch when I buy it, price per clip & price per embellishment to calculate my supply cost. It might be extreme, but it works for me.

I would say figure out how much you think your time making it was worth & then add the supply cost to that! Don't sell yourself short.
$5 an hour is not enough and I think that hurts the rest of the bow sellers. Your calculations seem really off to me $3.50 is A LOT for supplies, my large stacked boutique bows with fancy rhinestone sliders cost me about $2 to make and they are my most expensive bow (mini top hats and other items can be more expensive).

What about the time it takes to take and edit photos, post listings, reply to Etsy convo's, promote, etc. By the time you add everything else in you might be making $2.50 an hour, maybe. I think you are selling yourself short and hurting the rest of us.

I don't mean to sound mean, I am only trying to help, selling yourself short hurts everyone. Eventually you will get burnt out and tired of not making any money.

Personally I may myself $15-$20 an hour, which is close to what I get at my day job. It might seem excessive but I want to this to be something I can support my family on one day and I can't do that with $5 an hour.
♥ Dana