View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 12:49
Default Re: A few (hopefully) simple questions about this bow..

Originally Posted by kassib View Post
Thank you all so much for your replies!
I like the idea of using cheap ribbon.. I don't know why I didn't think about that. I have so many test runs from bows I've attempted. I have my good bows and then there's my "bows" ..
I love that youtube video. In fact, it was the only one I could understand when I learned how to freehand.

Ronnie - Thank you so much! I am looking forward to trying it out today! Quick question, when you use a regular iron on low, do I need to protect my ribbon? I've heard of some saying they will put a towel over it.. but I would imagine using it on low wouldn't damage. Just checking.

Mommylikesbows - Do you recommend Fabri-Tac? I've heard conflicting stories.. I don't like the bulky look or the ribbon glued together look.. but I've also seen a few people on this forum say that they use it. They Xyron had rave reviews, and I do like it, but maybe my adhesive is wrong.
I like the idea of double-sided tape in between stitches, but I'll have to play with that..

Again, thank you all so much!
Some people do put a sheet...I don't but then I use a ribbon iron that I bought at WM. I DO NOT like using the Xyron permanent adhesive on ribbon because after some time it comes apart plus it makes it hard to work on your creases.....especially if you are new to bow making. I like the ribbon to be free of any adhesives (tape/glue). It is more of a challenge but the look is awesome once you have it mastered. If you need any help just ask. I will be more than happy to help you.