View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 11:53
Default Re: E6000 not holding on braided flipflops

Originally Posted by blu711 View Post
Well, I reglued again today & clipped with clothespins. We'll see how it works tomorrow(24hrs). Do any of you rough up your straps B4 gluing? I did on the smooth ones--didn't help. Looking online yesterday I saw a place that had Amazing E6000 for crafters AND also one E6000. I think it was professional E6000. Has anyone ever used that one? I'll try to find what that site was & pass it on. BTW I make braids for my flipflops--I don't wrap. I appreciate all the responses (my 1st time asking a question).
Just a thought but maybe the braids create an uneven bond as oppose to straight ribbon where it can grip the entire surface of the ribbon. What if you line the top of the strap first and then add the braid. I now it is more work but you might get better adhesion.

I have been making flip flops for 3 years and don't have any problems. I only line the strap and then use alligator clips to hold it into place for 24 hours.

Another thing that could be a factor is the humidity level when you make your flip flops. I remember someone posted last year that she had trouble when the humidity was high.

Good luck!

Donna N.