View Single Post
Old 06-21-2011, 10:21
Default Re: Question about taking your own photos?

Originally Posted by bcarson View Post
I don't pretend to be a good photographer. I do own dslr and I have photoshop, that I have never used. lol! I have fun pairing up with some photographers. But I begin to think. Why couldn't I do some myself. I don't want to make any off the pics. I would give them a cd, for the price of the cd. I don't care if they print them ect... The only think I would worry about is them posting them on the net and some nut stealing them. I would have to figure out how to mark them.

Do you all do this? I just am trying to figure out if I could pull it off I guess and the ends and outs. I wouldn't be adverstising my photography skills. kwim.

I've done this twice with close friends. I got 4 very cute models, some decent pictures for both them and me, and got to spend the 2 days with my friends So, for me it was a win-win situation. I am not a photographer by any means! but it worked. I marked the ones that I use on my page and I put them all on a cd, with extras that I didn't exactly want to use but I thought they were cute pics for the families. I figured they are their pics so what they do with them is really there choice.

I have worked with one photographer and it was an ok situation then, but later on she placed a very large order, wrote me a bad check... I had to basically chase her down to get some money, not even what she told me she would pay me... so my outlook on photographers is not so good
Wife to Michael & Mommy to Hunter