View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 12:58
Default Re: buying a sewing machine help

Originally Posted by lakesidesewing View Post
You might consider going to an area machine dealer, Janome, Pfaff...and see what they have for machines that are display models or used machines that have been turned in for upgrades. A lot of dealers will let you trade in your old machine to go toward a newer one. Honestly, I've been sewing for 30 something years everything from little bags and pillowcases to wedding gowns and I don't have a machine with a ton of bells and whistles, you don't need them. The basic stitches are just fine for nearly everything. What I do have in my machine is a great repair guy (dealer) who is fair and honest. I've got a great quality machine that wont break down often and I can call if I ever have any questions and get them answered pretty quickly. Even Kenmore (sears) quality is good, they are actually made by Janome now. Test drive several machines before you just buy one off the shelf. You'll appreciate that later down the line. Have fun shopping!
Thank you for your advice, That is a good idea, I'm about to be moving to a new town so I will have to check and see if I can find one in the area!