View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 07:09
Default Re: Paracord/Survival/Military Bracelets

Originally Posted by taxiof2 View Post
Help! I am having trouble with the ends of the bracelet. I heat seal them but I have two that seem really lose (one even came through). Any tips? I don't want to make these and have them unravel. What am I doing wrong? Also, the tips get really black and look bad.
It's kind of hard to explain, but I will try. On the back side, I would cut off one end and use my wood burning tool to seal it to the bracelet. I would heat it up a bit and then use a pliers to really sqeeze the hot paracord against the bracelet. Usually mine do not get black. Then I would take the other end and bring it across the back to the same spot and cut it and then do the same heating and squeezing, so that there is only one dot where both cords some together. By using the pliers, they both sit really flat and are not scratchy.

Make sure you weave really tightly to the buckle. You may need to push your stiches up and add one or two more, even after you think you are done. It makes that buckle sit nice against the weave.

Hope this helps.
Retail site:

Wholesale site: