View Single Post
Old 05-29-2011, 07:21
Default Re: Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong!

Originally Posted by hipmomma View Post
The ribbon I was using is 15 inches. I bought a bunch of bows off a member here and then took one apart to try to figure it out and well...I can't

I'll keep trying. I don't have any templates so it looks like I'll have to get some! Thanks for all the advice. I'm a complete newbie when it comes to these bows and it's kicking my butt!
You should be able to make them even with 24" ribbon. The twisted bow in my profile pic took approx 24" of 7/8". It is all in the hands of the bow maker herself. Lots of practice and the more you do it...the better you will get at it. Keep practicing. In the How To Make forums at the top there is a sticky thread that says For Newbies....look in there and you will find tons of instructions that should help you.

Here are two links that might help:

Look at this one first:

Now this one:
The only thing with this one is when you bring the folds together make your "X" (where the ribbons cross one another in the center) angles in an almost 90 degree angle. That "X" should look tall and skinny..not short and fat like in this link.

Here is another link that should help:

Here is the technique you were trying:

These are all different ways to making the have to see which one works best for you. All of these links are in that thread.... ...... I told your about. If you have time go through them and see what interests you.

Last edited by ronnie; 05-29-2011 at 07:27.