View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 08:34
Default Re: help with cheer bow

Originally Posted by kimmisook View Post
Ann, my hat's off to you and anyone else who successfully makes anything other than the basic ribbon cheer bow. I know this sounds bad, but I almost hope my prospective client doesn't like the sample I made for her, because I did NOT have fun making it. The HnB worked like a charm for me this time, but the sequin fabric was very difficult for me to work with. I just had a super hard time with this bow. It took me forever and I'm not even happy with the way it looks. I know I definitely need tons of practice, but I also don't think I want to be making things that aren't any fun. Ok, my rant is over. Here's a pic of the bow. Thanks for listening!

Sandy, I think your bow came out fabulous. Here is a trick in cutting out sequin that I have found to go alot quicker when making many bows at a time.

When making lots of the same bow, I iron my ribbons onto an uncut sheet of heat n bond first. Once are the ribbons are securely attached, I peel all of them away from the paper and iron to the wrong side of an uncut piece of sequin fabric. Once everything is nice and fused, I then cut out with a rotary cutter.

It goes a lot faster that way in my opinion. Don't give up. It takes longer to make one bow than it does when making many of the same one.

It will get easier I promise.

Nice job on the bow BTW. Love the colors.

"Saving the world from pitiful looking cheer bows one cheerleader at a time!"

Find me on Facebook at Cheer Bows by Cheer 'N Bowz