View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 10:13
Default Re: Cheer Bow Question

Originally Posted by christinaz View Post
I just went to Joann's today and they do have a limited supply of colors. I've been making custom competition bows for 9 years now and have finally started to expand. Everyone has their own style for bows, and personally, I don't like to copy styles. I do use rhinestones as long as they are securely attached. Generally, for competitive squads, they don't want them if they can fall off. I also use a cut elastic and a ribbon tie in addition to my normal elastic. By tying the cut elastic and then tying the ribbon tie, the bows don't move.
I think it depends on the Joann-we have 2 around me & one has nothing and the other has a limited selection. I tend to order my cheer bow supplies all online. It ends up being cheaper and I can get exactly what I am looking for.

My daughter does All Star Cheer and I supply bows for MANY all star teams as well as high school squads. We were at a large competition on Saturday and ALOT of the all star teams had bling/rhinestones on their bows (including our team). The high schools tend to use the sequin fabric and or grosgrain ribbons. Around here I think it is due more to cost than anything. I use hot fix rhinestones on our bows and haven't had any stones fall off during competition.