View Single Post
Old 05-06-2011, 05:09
Default Re: Tutu dress bow holder ?

I have made several of these. For most of them I cut my tulle into strips, then I gathered about three to five strips together and stitched them together to get the "bunched" look. Then covered the thread and tied off part with some kind of bow, or embellishment. On another one I just lined the bottom of the bodice with hot glue and glued on my strips of tulle. LOL! You can't really tell in this picture but this is a closed up of the embellishments I used to "hide" my tulle attaching. LOL! For the backs of my I use felt. I do the front then I spray the back with spray adhesive and then I lay a sheet of felt over it and cut around the bodice. Then I hot glue fancy trim in a matching or coordinating color to the sides to help hide any uneven parts. I am getting ready to go to the store but when I get back I will try and get pictures of everything I'm talking about and hopefully it will help someone. Oh, and just for a pathetic attmept to get compliments I'm going to add pictures of some of my finished ones in case you missed the first time I showed them! LOL!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg blue silver tutu holder buttons.jpg (73.8 KB, 79 views)
File Type: jpg blue silver tutu holder.jpg (43.3 KB, 81 views)
File Type: jpg purple brown tutu holder.jpg (58.4 KB, 81 views)
File Type: jpg Belle Tutu holder.jpg (32.7 KB, 85 views)