View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 10:54
Default Re: Share a tip! (a feel good thread!) :)

IF this is a repeat, I apologize.

I used to pre-cut my ribbon for all my bows and put them in baggies labeled with "Small Boutique" "Medium Pinwheel", etc. and would throw my baggies in purse to work on at park, etc. Baggies soon were worn out and I spent a lot of time digging through the bag looking for the right baggie.

So...Here is my solution. In the school supply section, get some of those zippered pouches that fit in a 3-ring binder. Get enough for each type bow you want to pre-cut for. Label the clear part with permanent marker and put your pre-cut ribbon in them. Put them all in a 3-ring binder and take them with you when you go. You don't have to worry about fumbling around your purse/bag/whatever looking for the baggies or the baggies tearing up on you. Also, do a zippered pouch for supplies like thread, pins, etc. and keep it in the front of the binder too. Sometimes, you can even find binders not much bigger than the pouches that can easily fit in your purse (like the dayrunner types). Have a shoe box handy to toss your bows in when ready.

If you want to change the labels on the bag, just use some rubbing alcohol or a chlorox wipe...marker comes right off.

Hope that wasn't confusing and that it will help someone as much as ya'll have helped me.

God bless!