View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 08:41
Default Re: Need cheer bow help

Originally Posted by christinaz View Post
I bond my fabric or sequin material with spray adhesive. I'm using Elmer's Extra Strength Spray Adhesive right now. It is a little sticky when you are making them, but the bond is permanent. I've been making cheer bows for around six years now, and I've found that this is the best method for making a permanent bond. I also use thin wire in the center to secure my creases and put my layers together. It's fast and secure and when you add your knot and hair tie, all of the metal (including on the hair tie) is completely covered. I'm kind of a stickler about that, my dd has been cheerleading for 9 years now and is currently doing a mini camp for tryouts this week (it's for her freshman year in HS). About 75% of the girls trying out are wearing my bows.
Spray adhesive? Really? I'm very interested in trying this. I've always used HB Lite. Tell me, does the spray adhesive make it a little less stiff than the heat bond? And does it work for all fabrics including the mystique fabric? Thanks so much!