View Single Post
Old 04-30-2011, 08:36
Default Re: Share a tip! (a feel good thread!) :)

Originally Posted by lilredsmiles View Post
I do this I just wrap my center & use a straight pin on the back to hold the ribbon taut. The other benefit of this is that you can put whichever clip your customer wants on the bow.
Love the straight pin idea Shelley! (you always have great ideas ) Thanks for sharing them with us!

Originally Posted by prleaf View Post
finally located the 2 pdf files for those of us that can't cut a round circle . i cut these out of milk bottle plastic and then heated a pin to make a hole in the center . . . now i just stack them up and cut away!

circle template:

flower template:

the above is from this website - they have tons of stuff to do w/ribbon . . . this month they're featuring drr . . .

one more tip . . . i've been ironing a lot of wrinkled ribbon lately . . . and have always used a plastic iron cover for years & years - i lay my iron (on hi temp & have never melted/scorched any fabric) on the ironing board and pull the ribbon thru . . . no burns, no rusty water spots or other crap that seems to come out of the iron . . . it's a must have! i know i didn't pay $19.99 for mine . . . but this is what it looks like.
Pr, thanks so much for sharing!! These tips are fabulous!

Originally Posted by Wendysbows View Post
Just caught this thread and have had fun reading through all your tips. It was reassuring to see that I use many of them...makes feel like I'm "on the right track" so-to-speak!

My tip isn't much but I love it. When I make tutus I could never seem to get my knots to lay nice (to my eye anyway.) So I tie about 10 or so, slide a butter knife under 3 or 4 at a time and this allows me to pull on the knot to get it more snug and slide it together without pulling or tugging on the elastic. This gives my knots a nice uniform look too.

Thanks for starting this Maxine and thank you everyone for all the wonderful ideas!
Wendy, the butter knife tip is great! Thank you!