View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 02:46
Default Re: Ellie Bean and Models

Originally Posted by tealove4 View Post
I agree 100%. She was actually on my list of models to send stuff to based on work she did for other boutiques. Now I am rethinking using her.

I always choose models based on their previous work NEVER their comp card but apparently you can still go wrong that way too.
I am really relieved to hear that from someone else. I don't feel like I'm being unreasonable, I sent her a lot of $$ worth of products, & I feel like the photos were not worth the products I sent her.

Originally Posted by noahsmom8497 View Post
Yours are spectacular compared to the ones I just got back from her.
Uh-oh, were yours of the green tutu (I think? Going off my memory!)? The collage after mine on EB was bad, I felt bad when I saw it, too. You should ask for a reshoot. I don't know that it will be any better, but I am really hoping. I am tempted to ask for my products to be returned if I can't get pictures that I like. I have no idea what will happen if I ask that.

Originally Posted by ashleycurtice View Post
Thats the one thing I hear back from the ladies i work with that use modeling pages... is that the models photos aren't up to par with their comp cards.... I listed Kaiya with Ellie Bean, and Little Diamond Models, but I still trade with boutiques alot more through my page Boutique Modeling and Trading Services. They like that they're dealing with a photographer rather than several individual models... It cuts out the middle man and rather than having to mail out 5 packages to 5 different models, they send it to one photographer and can still get 5 different models. Plus they know the quality. I always tell my boutiques, if you aren't happy with some of the photos or you want something a little different, tell me and i will gladly reshoot... I'd rather they be 100% satisfied than be left disappointed because its not quite what they wanted! You should never be unhappy with you're photos. Having your products modeled should result in good quality photos that are visually appealing that can help to boost your business and your sales. Have you ever walked into a clothing store, and saw a product hanging on a hanger, and thought, i'd never wear that? Then you walk over and see it on a manikin, layered with other products and accessorized, and thought wow that looks amazing and ended up purchasing it? That is the effect of modeled photos of your product! They see different angles of the product, the size of it, and how it looks when being worn! It helps capture their attention more than just looking at the piece itself. Plus, I enjoy modeling items on several age groups and with different styles of clothing to show that every piece is versatile. I hope you ladies all get amazing pictures that you love back. Its not fair to be left feeling disappointed.
I appreciate your stance on it. I feel like some of the models treat it as if they're doing boutiques a big favor & don't have to supply nice photos. Believe me, I appreciate the work of the photographers I've worked with immensely. You hit the nail on the head, the photos are what sell the product. That is the only thing customers have to connect to your items, it has to give off a great first impression & make them want to buy your stuff.

I have always gone through the actual photos provided to boutiques when choosing models & it is really disappointing to have done that & still get photos back that aren't on the same level.