Thread: Bottle Cap ?
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2011, 02:25
Default Re: Bottle Cap ?

I am getting started on the bottlecap route too and this is what I know so far... you need bottlecaps.. you can get colored or silver. then you need images, you can make your own or you can buy them. You need some sort of adhesive for the image to stick on the bottlecap. ( I am going to use mod podge) You will need something to seal the image, like laquer, resin, epoxy dots. I am going to try 3d crystal laquer at first. Then you need the 1.8mm bottle cap hole punch to put a hole in the cap for the split ring. The split ring tool is made to help you open the split ring to get it between the hole on the bottlecap. (I don't have one yet but want to get one.) then you need neckaces (ball chains, ribbon cord, leather, rubber... etc.)

For bows you just need the bottlecaps, images and something to seal them. These don't need holes. Then you need felt furniture pads (1" round) to glue into the back of the bottlecap to make it an even bottom to glue to your bows.

You can use magnets on your necklaces or bows to make them interchangeable... this is what I have learned so far... HTH!