View Single Post
Old 04-09-2011, 08:46
Default Re: Bow Embellishments

Originally Posted by Tess9737 View Post
Wow ~ that bow maker is talented! I love how orginonal her ideas are. If I had come up with something unique like that, I wouldn't share it either!

I can Understand a Little not wanting people to know how you do thing's. There are other people out there who do things that look very similar and I'm trying to see if I can get help from one of them. I don't sell my bows on line. I make them for my nieces, and I can get that people who sell don't want to share the way they do thing's cause they don't want any competition. But If no one ever helped anyone learn new thing's then where would half the people in this Forum be?
Right, and I wasn't indicating it wasn't ok to ask us girls how to make them. Alot of girls see things they'd like to make and inquire to see anyone knows how to do it. And the ladies here are so helpful ~ its such a great forum to share ideas and help each other out. Just wanted to offer a bit of perspective on why the original makers might not want to share the process, because I probably wouldn't. While I'm happy to help offer advice when I can, there are a few items I make that I'm not willing to pass out directions to. These are things that I learned to make through lots of trial and error. And its not a hobby to me, its a business. I understand you're not looking to sell them online, but I've had 2 "friends" ask me how to make bows for their daughters and immediately start bow businesses, lol. So alot of us have been burnt by friends and strangers alike.

Anyway, if you try out any of these ideas ~ let us know how they turn out! Its such a cute idea for bow centers! And welcome to the forum!!!