View Single Post
Old 04-02-2011, 03:55
Default Re: Interchangable Bottlecaps for Bows?

Originally Posted by SweetCheek View Post
Did you try it? Howd it work? I am SO back and forth with this idea.
I made one. I get so caught up with all my new ideas I tend to forget about stuff lol! I need to make 5 of them for my cousin's bday party in May... they will be pink bows with a Pinkalicious bottle cap and an initial bottle cap for each girl.

Originally Posted by Simply Stitching View Post
I've done a few of these for a customer.... the problem is that I love to match colors of my caps to the bows, so what color do you make the bows if you're going to do interchangeable caps???

Plus, for the discussion about the magnets- I've used both the Walmart variety as well as the super strong ones from Etsy sellers. The Etsy ones are much better for this job, but they're tiny and could be a major swallowing hazard if they come loose. I'm nervous about selling bows/ caps to young girls with those tiny magnets. Any other ideas???

Although it is a great idea for getting customers to return.... they love the bow, they'll have to come back to you for more caps
I make one bow with 2 or 3 caps to match - it comes as a set. I don't sell just the bottlecaps. About the choking hazard... almost everything we sell has a choking hazard. There is a warning on all my listings and on my display cards. That is the parent's obligation. These things should not be anywhere near a child's mouth, and they should never be worn while sleeping, in car seats, etc.
Sponsored Links