Thread: A Carrot
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 03:54
Default Re: A Carrot

VERY well said!

I was sitting here trying to think of a "nice" way to explain that doing this is just tacky and disrespectful but couldn't find the words. Nicely said.

OP this is the second time you have proudly admitted to buying something just to take it apart and copy it. Those in the crafting world take great pride in their work and take great offense to someone buying it to take it apart and copy it. I mean, sure, many of us see an image of something someone has made and use it as inspiration to make our own(with our own spin even) but I myself just would never buy something just to use to copy. I feel that if you can't recreate it from the picture, or find a way to make your own creation you should just pass and work on something you can make.

Originally Posted by mommy0305 View Post
Just a thought...why don't you come up with a better way to do it...the way you like it. Most ladies on here perfect their bows by making it their own way...even if the bow started from a tut. I think everyone tries to put their own special touch in each bow.

I'm going to be honest with you, and I hope you don't think I'm being mean (not my intention at all)...but buying bows and tearing them apart really isn't a dignified (sp) way of figuring bows out. How would you like it if someone bought one of your bows just to take it apart and figure out how you made it?

Sure we all need inspiration at times, but I don't think that's the right way to do it. I look at pics of bows for inspiration, but I wouldn't intentionally buy a bow from another maker and tear it apart to copy it. I know I get mad when someone tries to buy a bow just to take it apart because that's MY creation and I don't want it copied to the T. I know some ladies don't think it's wrong and that's fine everyone has their own opinion...just sharing my opinion on that

But really if you want it to look different...come up with a new way to make it that suits your taste