Thread: A Carrot
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 04:47

Default Re: A Carrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicasbowtique View Post
If they pay for it I don't see what the big deal is. You make money off of them trying to figure out your bow. If you are good enough at it they can try to copy you all they want but they will not be able to get as good as you unless they try for ever. Believe me it has taken me almost a year to get as good as I am now, and I know I am nowhere near where I would like to be. I do know though that I am the only one in my area that does the Twisted bows. This make me original. Most people might buy your product with that intention but really how many are going to follow through with. I would say maybe 2 out every 10 people. If you have a good customer base then you shouldn't have to worry about it. I am not mad I don't care. I wasn't asking for opinions. I just wanted help. If you didn't want to give it to me then why did you post?
I did try to help by saying come up with a way that YOU would like it. That's advice/help...even with tuts there's going to be something you'll want to change, what better way to figure that out than doing it your way? Then it'll be how you like it and not how everyone else makes it.

So are you saying if another bow maker in your area bought one of your twisted to see how you made it, then started making it as well (no longer making you unique/original) that you wouldn't be mad in the least bit? Maybe you'll know exactly how it feels if it happens to you (hopefully it won't, but in this biz it happens and it sucks!)

I can give my opinion and I DID try to help and give advice...it's just not what you were looking for exactly. If you think what you did was right and other doing that is right, so be it that's your opinion and you are entitled to it as I am with mine...just trying to show you that some bowmakers hate when other bow makers do it to them...simple as that.

That all aside....my advice again: Try to modify it to your liking by trying different things yourself, and find out what you like best. Start with the tut you found and add/take away things to make it your way. You are the only one that can make it perfect and exactly how you want it